Pann Pyo Latt

မ်ိဳးေစ့တိုင္း ရွင္သန္ပီး ဖူးတဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းပြင့္ေစ၊ ပြင့္တဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းေမႊးေစဖို႕ ပညာေျမၾသဇာ ကၽြန္မေရြးခဲ့တယ္

Ethics

Some of you may notice that I have been posting "thoughts for the week" every Sunday. My hope for this section is to challenge ourselves through some thoughts. Please join with me. I decided to post Linda's Ethic poem for this week because I have been struggling lots with moral/ethic issues; such as true (v) false, right (v) wrong, worthy (v) worthless, logic (v) illogic. Is it that difficult?? Enlighten me if you had answers. I hope you enjoy reading the poem.

Ethics

In ethics class so many years ago
our teacher asked this question every fall:
if there were a fire in a museum
which would you save, a Rembrandt painting
or an old woman who hadn't many years
left anyhow? Restless on hard chairs
caring little for pictures or old age
we'd opt one year for life, the next for art
and always half-heartedly, Sometimes
the woman borrowed my my grandmother's face
leaving her usual kitchen to wander
some draft, half-imagined museum.
One year, feeling clever, i replied
why not let the woman decide herself?
Linda, the teacher would report, eschews
the burdens of responsibility.
This fall in a real museum I stand
before a real Rembrandt, old woman,
or nearly so, myself, The colors
within this frame are darker than autumn,
darker even than winter--the browns of earth,
though earth's most radiant elements burn
through the canvas, I know now that woman
and painting and season are almost one
and all beyond saving by children.

Linda Pastan (b. 1932)

Rembrandt is one of the greatest painters in the Europe History. If you want to see some Rembrandt's paintings click here.

Leaves & Greenery


This is a piece of my arts. I'm not good at sketching, However, I just wanna share something with you all. အားေပးပါေနာ္... :)

So yeah... I just wish you would take some time at the art piece and answer some questions as you look through it. For example, what do you see? Are there any difference and similarity? Finally, Would you say any of those are not a leaf?



4 comments:

wynn.sun April 6, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

Why don't you choose other poem reflecting your age? :)Are you more interested in the dooms? :)Nice poem, nice choice!!!

Nyein Chan Aung April 7, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous April 8, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

I enjoy reading this poem.Yeah in our life everyday we face with that kind of confusing moral situation however we make the decision even it is wrong or right according to situation and feelings.Even we the decision seem to be wrong to others,we can't say it is wrong, right?As we are living in this logical world...Thanks!:)

Apprenticeship April 19, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

Dear Wynn.sun:

I chose a child poem because we build many of our sub-personalities in the early ages, and they affect/influence us greatly. There are some more reasons though.
My hope is that we all would be engaging/examining ourselves..through this poem.

Great thanks to you all for your comments and supports which encourage me to go father..

The Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

လတ္တေလာ အေတြး

I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

About this blog

I am Apprenticeship. I love Burma. News in Burma is my daily bread, and Change is what I long to hear for. I have two sides of friends. One group says the world is blue and another group says it is red. I see it as a reddish blue.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, by John F. Kennedy


အမုန္းမရွိတဲ့ အိမ္

javascript:void(0)