Pann Pyo Latt

မ်ိဳးေစ့တိုင္း ရွင္သန္ပီး ဖူးတဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းပြင့္ေစ၊ ပြင့္တဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းေမႊးေစဖို႕ ပညာေျမၾသဇာ ကၽြန္မေရြးခဲ့တယ္

Unseen Tears

Unseen Tears


I lost my virginity last night.
Can any one help me find?

They say life is all about choices.
Do I really have a choice?

My parents’ living and brothers’ education are more critical than any in my life.
What should I do?

I have been looking for a job.
Do you know any?

Please do not mention the job qualifications; all I have is my body.
Can I get a job?

Finally, I found a job last night, and I lost my virginity.
Can any one help me find?

I look around for help, but only sorrow and rejection reply me.
Hello...can you hear me?

My life has been dictated by shame, ignorance, and loneness.
Are you all deaf and blind?

I am just what they want me to be.
Do I have any future?

If I ever had an opportunity, I would ask for my virginity.
Is that too much to ask for?











Note: I got some email comments for my last gender post from some friends. They said my topic is not hot in Burma but sex workers. I agree with them although I see sex workers’ issues is directly related to my topic. Since then, I have been thinking about sex workers to write something on it, but I couldn’t come up with something. It’s not because I don’t care their lives, yet it is so difficult to see their inside since I haven’t really had friends or done research on this area. But here it comes. This poem may not completely reflect sex workers’ lives. What I hope is that showing my genuine understanding and respect for their lives. I hope I can take some pragmatic actions soon too. Above all, I want to send a message to sex workers that I love them.

9 comments:

Anonymous March 25, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

hey fri!,

it is good! if i have chance to tell something on ur story, i will tell u it is too simple for me. :P

Nyein Chan Aung March 25, 2008 at 6:30 AM  

Well done. Really great poem i ever read. Such kind of poem will be more beautiful in English language than any other one. I feel it dedicates not only sex workers but the poem reflects many young women of lower class's life in Burma.

You compose this poem using really beautiful words and i found out there are no extra words.

ဆိုးသြမ္း March 25, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

what a nice poem !!! keep continue...you will become a good writer :)

BLANK PAPER March 25, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

it's reflecting the life of commercial sex workers life...

Shang Lawt March 26, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

Jinghpaw Wunpawng Sha Ni n-dai zawn english poem she' chye ka hkra hkra grai byin wa ma sai i.. grai mu kabu ai Hkau.. Grai ma hkrak nga ai.. Grai shakut u yaw..we'll encourage you always..

Pinkgold March 28, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

I feel somewhat reading this post!
Good Blog, Good Job!
Cheers!

Apprenticeship March 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apprenticeship March 28, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

Great thanks to you all for your kind comments.
Anonymous: I know who you are :)Yeah please tell me your stories. Can't wait to hear.

Ko Nyein Chan Aung: Thanks for your kind analyzing. I'm trying my best to be able to present. thanks for your supports. I will keep writing.

Ko Sothawn: Thanks bar byar for your simple statement. I hope I will be a good writer, one day, too :P

Blank Paper: Thanks for your interpretations. Hope to hear more in the future.

Shawng Lawt: Great Thanks for your support. Of cause, I need your support brother.

Pinkgold: Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that you feel something on it. Please come back and read often naw:)

Peace: Apprenticeship

Anonymous April 3, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

Hello. "Unseen Tear" hit directly to my heart. I feel very sorry for them. I wish I can try something for them.

The Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

လတ္တေလာ အေတြး

I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

About this blog

I am Apprenticeship. I love Burma. News in Burma is my daily bread, and Change is what I long to hear for. I have two sides of friends. One group says the world is blue and another group says it is red. I see it as a reddish blue.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, by John F. Kennedy


အမုန္းမရွိတဲ့ အိမ္

javascript:void(0)