Pann Pyo Latt

မ်ိဳးေစ့တိုင္း ရွင္သန္ပီး ဖူးတဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းပြင့္ေစ၊ ပြင့္တဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းေမႊးေစဖို႕ ပညာေျမၾသဇာ ကၽြန္မေရြးခဲ့တယ္

Gender-based oppression and Education in Burma

Gender based oppression is on going issues in Burma. The society seems to see women as object instead of human beings. Media and commercial seem to force women to over spotlight on their appearance. In fact, women are force to become sexy. I do not truly understand what is meant by sexy though. I am not sure the rest of the women understand it neither.

I understand women and men are different in physically, but I do not believe men are stronger than women. Men seem to be stronger than women in term of physical, yet women are stronger in emotionally, spiritually, socially, and can do as good as men in intellectually. Therefore, I do not think men are more logical than women.

I believe, both men and women have abilities to lead and capable of making public decisions. I do see sharing responsibilities would maintain balance in the society. In fact, it is critical if we want to maintain harmony in the society.

Sadly, many women are suffering because of stereotype believes and patriotism.

Should we include gender education in Burma's educational system?


Note: I'm not a feminist.

1 comments:

hparathkawn March 20, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Great article! I agree with your point of view.Yeah,In Myanmar we desperately needs Gender Education.

The Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

လတ္တေလာ အေတြး

I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

About this blog

I am Apprenticeship. I love Burma. News in Burma is my daily bread, and Change is what I long to hear for. I have two sides of friends. One group says the world is blue and another group says it is red. I see it as a reddish blue.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, by John F. Kennedy


အမုန္းမရွိတဲ့ အိမ္

javascript:void(0)