Pann Pyo Latt

မ်ိဳးေစ့တိုင္း ရွင္သန္ပီး ဖူးတဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းပြင့္ေစ၊ ပြင့္တဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းေမႊးေစဖို႕ ပညာေျမၾသဇာ ကၽြန္မေရြးခဲ့တယ္

The Change through Teaching...

I decided to post this comment for I wanted to share Owe Wai's great thoughts with you all . And I don't think you would go through all my comments; even me, I just found it out today, March 27. If you wanted to read the original comment, you could click on here or A Glimpse of Apprenticeship under my label link .
Great thanks to Owe Wai. OWe Wai brought out many great points. Please read the following message, and leave us your thoughts too. I really think engaging conversation is the key point of teaching and learning. I'm looking forward to hearing more comments from you all. Let's converse what kind of educational system we should have if you thought current educational system is not working or even you though current system works, you could enlighten us why you think so. I would welcome both sides.

owe wai said. .
I agree with the point you stand on. of course, we have many serious problems which have been facing. Poverty and Health related issues (HIV/AIDS), lack of infrastructure and environmental issues. Our country's situation is still in a very critical situation which is down siding in every thing. We can't say even it's a transactional period.

If we think those all issues at the same time, we may think, things seems too difficult to be solved. As the nature of the Issue Attention circle, if we think the cost to solve them is too high and need serious sacrifices, people might be reluctant to make a change.

And then, every one talks big picture but no one finds the way to begin and all are fail to make a difference and then lead to the Tragedy of Commons. In this situation, to begin to bring some small changes is somehow effective.

I used to work as a reporter. always struggles with the censorship and most of the times, the news did not reach to the public. I did not say those are in vain because somehow we are pushing the boundaries the censorship board set for the local media. But sometimes, i feel discouraged. So, I went to the monastic educational schools and taught children. And worked for the HIV kids in Mon state. So, I was satisfied with the work I can. Because i can make somehow contribution for the children's education. I value my profession as a journalist.

On the other hand, I see teaching kids and sharing what I learned with them is really essential and very fundamental what we can do. Let say, you simply teach children.. but at the same time, you are teaching the whole community. Kids are going back to their home and they are spreading the education you give.

Basically, we can make children aware about why we save the use of plastic bags and how it effects to the environment and how's the HIV/AIDS problem is serious and how we should behave well and how we should take care the patients. And even, we can teach them.. what are the basic rights, a person must have.

We don't need to ask them fight for their rights. Just need to let them know the things. It's the very basic thing we all can do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Basically, we can make children aware about why we save the use of plastic bags and how it effects to the environment and how's the HIV/AIDS problem is serious and how we should behave well and how we should take care the patients. And even, we can teach them.. what are the basic rights, a person must have. We don't need to ask them fight for their rights. Just need to let them know the things. It's the very basic thing we all can do it.
---------------------
Right..
We all can do it.We don't need to ask them fight for their rights.
This post is very nice.Good idea.

Nyein Chan Aung March 28, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

"The Change Through Teaching"

On the other hand, I see teaching kids and sharing what I learned with them is really essential and very fundamental what we can do. Let say, you simply teach children.. but at the same time, you are teaching the whole community. Kids are going back to their home and they are spreading the education you give.
================================
I totally agree with your perception in this point. It is a broad thoughts.
===============================
Burma uses teacher-centered education for years. It doesn't encourage children and students' to use their brain until they finish university. There are tutorial classes in University but those are not enough. So, schools in Burma do not support students to engage analytical or broad thinking. This effects people's whole life as well the nation. Different from other countries' young people, particularly west, we are not ready to start a new life after marriage. Most of us are worried to rely on our own foots.

We need to change education in Burma from bottom to top, and one big thing theologically is altering student-centered education from teacher-centered one.
==================================

We don't need to ask them fight for their rights. Just need to let them know the things. It's the very basic thing we all can do it.
=================================
Of course, here again i agree with you too. The post title "The Change Through Teaching" brings a wide range of thinking. Thank you!

The Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

လတ္တေလာ အေတြး

I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

About this blog

I am Apprenticeship. I love Burma. News in Burma is my daily bread, and Change is what I long to hear for. I have two sides of friends. One group says the world is blue and another group says it is red. I see it as a reddish blue.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, by John F. Kennedy


အမုန္းမရွိတဲ့ အိမ္

javascript:void(0)