Pann Pyo Latt

မ်ိဳးေစ့တိုင္း ရွင္သန္ပီး ဖူးတဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းပြင့္ေစ၊ ပြင့္တဲ့ ပန္းတိုင္းေမႊးေစဖို႕ ပညာေျမၾသဇာ ကၽြန္မေရြးခဲ့တယ္

Censorship and The Arts

"The mass decapitation on the Great Wall was the ultimate act of censorship. Together with rigid and traditional conservatism which shut out the world, that barbaric act deprived China of intellectual motion; of continuing education; and left her millions to wallow in unchanging ignorance and misery for centuries to come; until about 1912, as a matter of fact. That was the price of China's insular wisdom and paranoia."


A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market, is a nation that is afraid it's own people. President Kennedy

Reference: Censorship and The Art; The Signet Book of American Essays Edited by M. Jerry Weiss and Helen S. Weiss

2 comments:

Soe Mya Nandar Thet Lwin (Borros Roxo) March 31, 2008 at 4:57 AM  

Hiya.,

Cant leave the messages in your Cbox. So, here i am to leave my paw that i let you know i am here. Come visit me back again soon.

Pls in touch. Take care. Be good!!

SMNTL

Nyein Chan Aung March 31, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Thanks for this post.

The Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

လတ္တေလာ အေတြး

I felt it shelter to speak to you. ~Emily Dickinson

About this blog

I am Apprenticeship. I love Burma. News in Burma is my daily bread, and Change is what I long to hear for. I have two sides of friends. One group says the world is blue and another group says it is red. I see it as a reddish blue.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, by John F. Kennedy


အမုန္းမရွိတဲ့ အိမ္

javascript:void(0)